Not one to be a total greed-o-guts (shhh!), I decided to share my pies with my tame tribe of guinea pigs at work. Their brief was to take a pie home and share it with their beloved, then report back. They did, and this is what they had to say...
First up was the Balsamic Onion and Mature Cheddar Quiche...
- Tangy with a good mature cheddar taste
- Not too much egg
- Crisp pastry
- Good texture
- Nice colour on top of the quiche
- This would be my own personal favourite
- Both really enjoyed this
Next was the Spinach, Feta and Roasted Red Pepper Quiche - this was tested by a friend who is a vegetarian...
- Good, strong flavours
- The pastry had a good texture and wasn't too thick
- The feta was quite strong, but still enjoyable
- Generously filled
- Perfect with a salad
- Appealing to the eye
- Would definitely buy again
Finally, my meat loving mates tried the Smoked Bacon and Cheddar Quiche...
- Filling was full of bacon and cheese - not bulked up
- Pastry lovely - just thick enough to hold everything together
- Good flavour
- Particularly liked the herby content
- Bacon was a little salty, but not a problem
The guinea pigs were big fans of the Higgidy quiches, and all agreed that they would buy them again. They are not the cheapest in the supermarket, but they certainly looked the most appealing.
Join me on Facebook
Tweet me @dollybakes
Have a nosy at my pics on Pinterest
Disclaimer: I was not paid for this post, but I did receive some delicious pies to test. I views are our own - my tribe of guinea pigs do not tell fibs.