You're singing it too, aren't you...?
I wanted to make my friend Tasha a bundt for being an all round superstar, and this was the first thing that came to mind. Ginger and bourbon go so bloody well together. I'm just pleased that I gave this cake away, otherwise I'd have scoffed the lot with perhaps three cups of tea. It's doable, believe me.
Method:Bloggers: Please respect the fact I am sharing my own ideas and basic recipe. Blood, sweat and many tears have gone into getting this right, so you may enjoy a perfect bundt. If you wish to re-blog a recipe from these variations, please credit my blog and link to this original post rather than pasting the recipe on your own page.
|Tasha with her bundt!|
- Preheat the oven to gas 3/160 c
- Prepare a regular sized bundt tin - 2.4l, 10 cup, 10 inch with melted butter and dust with flour.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, measure out the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and ginger.
- Pour the yoghurt into a jug, and add the Jack Daniels.
- Sift in a third of the flour mix followed by half the yoghurt. Repeat this until everything is combined.
- Give everything a quick mix on a low speed for about 10 seconds.
- Pour the mix into your prepared tin.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for about 1 hour 15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave the cake to cool for ten minutes before removing from the tin.
- When completely cool, mix the icing sugar with the remaining Jack Daniels and honey. Add a little water to make your icing of pouring consistency.
- Tip it over your cake.
- I sprinkled mine with a little gold glitter and filled it with Milk Bottle sweets sprayed gold. Bling-a-ding-ding...