What is Calendar Cakes?
Fancy a new challenge? Something that gets into the spirit of current events? You read our minds... I have teamed up with one of my favourite bloggers, Laura from Laura Loves Cakes to create a brand new blogger challenge. The idea is to link up all the wonderful seasonal things we make throughout the year to form a wall of wonder every month.
How will it work?The latest ‘Calendar Cakes’ challenge will be posted on the 1st of every month and will run until the 28th of that month, after which a round up of your goodies will be posted. We'll be hosting alternately, so watch out for our posts at the beginning of each month when we will also set the theme. Once you've decided what you're making...
- Post your entry on your blog and include the ‘Calendar Cakes’ logo (just copy and paste the bad boy in!)
- Add 'Calendar Cakes' as a label on your post.
- Follow Dolly Bakes and Laura Loves Cakes' blogs using the Google Join this Site button.
- Add links on your site to your hosts Dolly Bakes and Laura Loves Cakes.
- If you don’t have a blog you can still join in, just email us a picture and a bit of information about your bake.
- If you're on Twitter, tweet us a link to your post @dollybakes and @lauralovesbakes - otherwise we won't see it! Use the handle #CalendarCakes. We'll retweet the pants off it!
- Email us at ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ including the recipe title, a link to your blog post and attach a photo that you would like to appear in the round up.
Calendar Cakes Challenge Rules
- You can enter as many times as you like. Bake to your little heart's content.
- It can be your own recipe or one you found elsewhere (please just state where you found it).
- You can use old posts as long as you update them with the ‘Calendar Cakes’ logo and link back (see above).
- If you want to enter your bake into other challenges too then please feel free.
- You must submit by 28th of every month.
So…happy baking, we can’t wait to see what you come up and we’d be delighted for you to join us in our challenge!
June's Calendar Cakes Challenge - Euro 2012
We British have a passion for football. Whether you love it or loathe it, you cannot get away from it when there's a tournament on! Euro 2012 is being held in Poland and the Ukraine and kicks off on 8th June, running up to 1st July. Everyone can join in, whether your a footy fan or not. It doesn't have to be football related, that's just a starting point.
Here's a bit of inspiration:
- Football decorations.
- The logo
- Pick a country and use it as your theme (see a list of teams here).
- Incorporate food from a chosen European country.
- Use colours from a chosen European country.
Let your imagination go wild! We're excited to see what you all come up with!
Please leave your thoughts and feedback below! Thanks x