It's a twist on one of my all time favourites, Banana and Chocolate Loaf. It's beautifully moist with soft chunks of chocolate and a wonderful sugar crust.
- 500g self raising flour
- 300g golden caster sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Large pinch of maldon sea salt (normal salt will do though)
- 200g melted unsalted butter
- 4 medium eggs - beaten
- 4 large ripe mashed bananas
- 300 milk chocolate chunks
- Icing sugar and cocoa for dusting
- Preheat the oven to gas 4/180 C
- Grease and flour a regular sized bundt tin (2.4l, 10 cup, 10 inch) - I used the Nordic Ware Fleur de Lis.
- Sift the flour, sugar and cinnamon into a large bowl
- Stir in the sea salt and chocolate chunks (this gives them a nice coating of flour and stops them sinking)
- Mix in the melted butter and beaten eggs - it will look quite dry. That's ok!
- Fold in the mashed bananas
- Pour into the prepared tin, pushing into the edges
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes in the middle of the oven or until a skewer comes out clean. Just bear in mind some melted chocolate is ok...
- Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- Let it cool fully before dredging in equal parts icing sugar and cocoa.
Bloggers: Please respect the fact I am sharing my own ideas and recipe. Blood, sweat and many tears have gone into getting this right, so you may enjoy a perfect bundt. If you wish to re-blog a recipe from these variations, please credit my blog and link to this original post rather than pasting the recipe on your own page.Please see my Creative Commons Copyright information for more details. Thank you.
Join me on Facebook
Tweet me @dollybakes
Have a nosy at my pics on Pinterest