- 225g butter
- 450g golden caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 350g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200ml thick vanilla yogurt (not the low fat type)
- 50ml lemon or lime curd
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- Green food colouring
- Grease and flour a regular sized bundt tin (2.4l, 10 cup, 10 inch).
- Soften the butter and then cream in the sugar in stages.
- Add the eggs one at a time on a slow setting.
- Add all the remaining dry ingredients to a large bowl.
- Measure the yogurt, curd and extract in a jug. Give it a quick mix.
- Sift in 1/3 of the dry ingredients with a good pea sized amount of green food gel (or a good glug of the liquid stuff...), followed by 1/2 of the liquid. Repeat until all the flour and liquid is used up. Fold it in gently...
- Give the whole thing a quick mix for about 10 seconds or until well combined.
- Spoon the mix into the prepared tin.
- Bake at gas 3/160 C for about an hour and 15 minutes.
- It should be shrinking from the sides and a skewer should come out clean.
Bloggers: Please respect the fact I am sharing my own ideas and recipe. Blood, sweat and many tears have gone into getting this right, so you may enjoy a perfect bundt. If you wish to re-blog a recipe from these variations, please credit my blog and link to this original post rather than pasting the recipe on your own page.Please see my Creative Commons Copyright information for more details. Thank you.
Please leave your comments below... x
Join me on Facebook
Tweet me @dollybakes
Have a nosy at my pics on Pinterest