- Preheat the oven to gas 3/160 c
- Prepare a regular sized bundt tin - 2.4l, 10 cup, 10 inch with melted butter and dust with flour.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, measure out the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and ginger.
- Pour the yoghurt into a jug, and add the tequila, lime juice and zest.
- Sift in a third of the flour mix followed by half the yoghurt. Repeat this until everything is combined.
- Give everything a quick mix on a low speed for about 10 seconds.
- Pour the mix into your prepared tin.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for about 1 hour 15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave the cake to cool for ten minutes before removing from the tin.
- When completely cool, mix the icing sugar with enough liquid to make a runny icing. I used all tequila, which means STRONG icing, but you can use water if you desire.
- Tip it over your cake.
- Mine's decorated with a little plastic sombrero (off a different bottle of tequila) and sugar pearls.
Bloggers: Please respect the fact I am sharing my own ideas and basic recipe. Blood, sweat and many tears have gone into getting this right, so you may enjoy a perfect bundt. If you wish to re-blog a recipe from these variations, please credit my blog and link to this original post rather than pasting the recipe on your own page.