Although I took a sensible picture of the cake for most normal folk, I actually delivered it with a cheeky little dinosaur on top. Mischief managed as they say.
- Preheat the oven to gas 3/160 c
- Prepare a regular sized bundt tin - 2.4l, 10 cup, 10 inch with melted butter and dust with flour.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, measure out the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Pour the yoghurt into a jug, and add the Fireball, apple sauce, and vanilla extract.
- Sift in a third of the flour mix followed by half the yoghurt. Repeat this until everything is combined.
- Give everything a quick mix on a low speed for about 10 seconds.
- Pour the mix into your prepared tin.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for about 1 hour 15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave the cake to cool for ten minutes before removing from the tin.
- When completely cool, mix the icing sugar with enough liquid to make a runny icing. I used about 5 tbsp of Fireball and topped the rest up with water, as the flavour is quite strong.
- Tip it over your cake.
- Decorate with demerara sugar, and as many dinosaurs as you feel are necessary. I accept this may be none.
Bloggers: Please respect the fact I am sharing my own ideas and basic recipe. Blood, sweat and many tears have gone into getting this right, so you may enjoy a perfect bundt. If you wish to re-blog a recipe from these variations, please credit my blog and link to this original post rather than pasting the recipe on your own page.