What an emotional day! This time two years ago I was cacking myself at the prospect of my cake club just being Amanda and I. Today she hosted our second birthday meet up, and welcomed back the friends we've made along the way.
Amanda owns Thyme Deli in Horwich. It's where our journey began, and every year we will go back for our birthday bash. She's supported us from day one. We've taken over half of her shop on several occasions, and her team deal with our every need. Today she had even put up some birthday bunting, and drawn us a lovely picture on the chalkboard.
Bolton has always been a popular club, and people never tend to visit just the once. Cake and laughter are an infectious combo...
Here's our vital statistic from the past two years...
- 118 members (plus many many visitors)
- 438 cakes
- 4 babies
- 11 venues
- 1 cookbook
- Countless laughs
Not bad for a bunch of amateurs...
Today's theme was 'Two' as that's how old we are! We had a fine crop of celebration cakes, all with a special meaning to its creator. There were 15 cakes in total, which included:
- Chocolate and Blood Orange Cake
- Strawberry Milkshake Carousel Cake (a recreation of Lucie's own 2nd birthday cake - see pic!)
- Chocolate Guinness Cake with cream cheese frosting and port poached apple (made by Heather who didn't bake at all two years ago...)
- Strawberry Jelly and Ice Cream Bundt Cake
- Fresh Lime and Coconut Cake
- Lemon and Thyme Cake
- Chocolate Orange Chess Cake
- Lemon Cake
- Strawberry and Champagne Cake
- Lemon Drizzle Cake
- Choconana Cake
- Tea, Walnut and Orange Cake (T.W.O)
- Salted Caramel and Chocolate Cake
- Dense and Dark Chocolate Loaf
- Fondant Fancy Cake
|Picture courtesy of Claire Thomas from Good Egg Foodie|
Join me on Facebook