|Honey and Ginger Bundt Cake. Honey picture from crossmoorhoney.com|
I decided to make a new spicy cake. Not quite Christmas-o-rama, but a winter cake none the less. This one has a moist texture with chewy bits of crystallised ginger and sweet honey. Perfect for nippy nights! Try to get some nice local honey too. I used Crossmoor's because it's only from down the road and is absolutely delicious! They even do a cinnamon variety...
Anyway. On with the show!
- 225g butter
- 450g golden caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 350g plain flour
- 4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200ml thick honey flavoured yogurt
- 50ml local honey
- 100g crystallised ginger cut into small chunks and tossed in flour
- Grease and flour a regular sized bundt tin (2.4l, 10 cup, 10 inch).
- Soften the butter and then cream in the sugar in stages.
- Add the eggs one at a time on a slow setting.
- Add all the remaining dry ingredients to a large bowl.
- Measure the yogurt, honey and extract in a jug. Give it a quick mix.
- Sift in 1/3 of the dry ingredients followed by 1/2 of the liquid. Repeat until all the flour and liquid is used up. Fold it in gently... I said gently...
- Scatter in the crystallised ginger.
- Give the whole thing a quick mix for about 10 seconds or until well combined.
- Spoon the mix into the prepared tin.
- Bake at gas 3/160 C for about an hour and 15 minutes.
- It should be shrinking from the sides and a skewer should come out clean.
- Leave to cool for 10 minutes before turning out.
Bloggers: Please respect the fact I am sharing my own ideas and recipe. Blood, sweat and many tears have gone into getting this right, so you may enjoy a perfect bundt. If you wish to re-blog a recipe from these variations, please credit my blog and link to this original post rather than pasting the recipe on your own page.
Please see my Creative Commons Copyright information for more details. Thank you.
Please leave your comments below... x
Join my blog friends: Join Dolly
Join me on Facebook
Tweet me @dollybakes
Have a nosy at my pics on Pinterest