I was fairly confident when booking this one that England would go and bugger up our chances of winning anything, so I decided to concentrate on the host country for this month's cake club. Brazil boasts arguably one of the best carnivals in the world, grows amazing exotic fruits and have some fantastic national dishes and drinks.
It was quite nice just to have a few of us, because we got to have a good old chin-wag, and there was loads to take home! We were back at the delightful Cherry's in Westhoughton. Stephanie and the girls waited on us hand and foot, and even came to have a chat to the bakers about our cakey delights - we made sure they had a decent bounty to take home too!
There were eight cakes in total, which included:
- Rio's Coconut and Lime Skirt (check out those feathers!)
- Brazilian Passionfruit Caipirinha Bundt Cake
- Brazilian Cornmeal and Vanilla Cake
- Rio Hummingbird Cake
- Brazilian Carrot Cake with Chocolate Ganache and Brazil Nuts
- Bolo de Laranja - Brazilian Orange Cake
- Totally Tropical Mango and Pineapple Spiced Cake with Lime and Vanilla Syrup
- English Strawberries and Cream Layer Cake
Our next event is on the 19th July, and our theme is 'Naked'. Register here.
Join me on Facebook