I used a really thick Turkish cherry jam infused with vanilla to give this cake a little extra luxury, and topped it with a splash of bright white icing and fresh, dark cherries. Delicious.
- Preheat the oven to gas 3/160 C
- Grease and flour a regular sized bundt tin - 2.4l, 10 cup, 10 inch.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the extracts.
- In a separate bowl, measure out the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt.
- Pour the yogurt and compote into a jug and mix.
- Sift in a third of the flour mix followed by half the yogurt. Repeat this until everything is combined. Don't over mix.
- Give everything a quick mix on a low speed for about 10 seconds.
- Pour 3/4 of the mix into the prepared tin.
- Smear over a layer of jam, avoiding the edges.
- Cover with the remaining mix.
- Note: the jam will sink. You want this to happen! Do not be afraid...
- Bake in the centre of the oven for about 1 hour 15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. It should be shrinking from the sides of the tin slightly.
- Leave the cake to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the tin.
- Serve with either a dredging of icing sugar or glacé icing topped with a few fresh cherries.
Bloggers: Please respect the fact I am sharing my own ideas and basic recipe. Blood, sweat and many tears have gone into getting this right, so you may enjoy a perfect bundt. If you wish to re-blog a recipe from these variations, please credit my blog and link to this original post rather than pasting the recipe on your own page.Please see my Creative Commons Copyright information for more details. Thank you.