I was recently approached by Red Letter Days who (after reading my food escapades) thought readers of DollyBakes may enjoy some of the packages on their site. So, I had a little nosy at what they had to offer.
To be honest my only experience of them perviously was when my brother and I bought our dad a driving experience for his birthday. I had no idea that they did food related goodies! After losing about an hour looking at all the packages on their site, I picked three that I think would appeal to most of you. There is a huge 'Gourmet' section which includes breaks in London, butchery classes, brewery tours and even lunch with celebrity chefs!
Here are my three picks for great gifts for the food fanatic in your life...
1. Afternoon Tea for Two in Mayfair
- 1 1/2 hours
- Held at Park Lane Hotel in London's Mayfair
- Large range of loose traditional, herbal and oriental teas
- Includes finger sandwiches, scones and pastries.
2. Cupcake Decorating for Two at Cake Boy
- 3 hours
- Taught by Eric Lanlard in his London cake boutique
- Plain cupcakes are provided
- You'll be taught how to pipe buttercream, model with sugar paste and finish with a flourish of toppings
- Refreshments are provided
- You take home 12 cupcakes that you have decorated
3. Chocolate Making Workshop
- 2 1/2 hours
- 10 locations around the UK
- Run by a master chocolatier
- Sample the chocolate fountain
- Make your own truffle fillings, dip into chocolate and decorate
- Take at least 20 of your creations home to sample
Check out the Red Letter Days Facebook page for more gift ideas and competitions to win some great days out.