This recipe fits into a standard 10 inch bundt tin. If you have a ring or savarin pan, don’t panic. Just fill the tin about three quarters full and watch for the cake getting a golden top when baked. A skewer test will let you know if it’s done.
|Lemon & Thyme Bundt Cake|
- 420g plain flour
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme (I used a growing plant as the leaves were softer than the type that comes in a bag)
- 1/2 tbsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 225g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 450g golden caster sugar
- 2 tsp lemon extract
- 6 medium eggs
- 270g low fat plain yogurt
- Juice and zest of two large lemons
- Cream the butter and sugar
- Beat in the eggs one by one
- Add all the dry ingredients to a separate bowl
- Add the yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice and thyme to another bowl
- Alternate the yogurt and flour mixes into to the main mix
- Don’t overmix, otherwise this will be a few shades away from being a tyre!
- Pour into a prepared bundt tin (usual routine… greased and floured) and bake on gas 3/170c for around 1 hour. Check the cake is done by inserting a skewer - it should come out with no wet mix attached.
I dusted my bundt cake with icing sugar, but this recipe will also lend itself well to a little lemon drizzle! (see previous recipe)
Bloggers: Please respect the fact I am sharing my own ideas and recipe. Blood, sweat and many tears have gone into getting this right, so you may enjoy a perfect bundt. If you wish to re-blog a recipe from these variations, please credit my blog and link to this original post rather than pasting the recipe on your own page.
Please see my Creative Commons Copyright information for more details. Thank you.