For those of you who are unfamiliar with Vine Comp of the week, it is basically a collection of short videos made by normal folk like you and I. Granted, they are mainly of people twerking (at least the first ten), a few horrible fights, cats doing funny stuff or people being ridiculous. I love and hate it in equal measure. One of my favourite videos from said compilation is the cinnamon apple Vine. And there we have a cake. I also suggest you watch the clip.
Anyway, the cake. This was one that had to be suitable three ways, on it's own, with cream or covered in custard. As if you put cream on cake... I'm all about the custard. It was really nice served slightly warm too.
- Preheat the oven to gas 3/160 c
- Prepare a regular sized bundt tin - 2.4l, 10 cup, 10 inch with Cake Release spray and dust with flour.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the extract.
- In a separate bowl, measure out the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Pour the yoghurt and apple compote into a jug.
- Sift in a third of the flour mix followed by half the yoghurt. Repeat this until everything is combined.
- Give everything a quick mix on a low speed for about 10 seconds.
- Pour the mix into your prepared tin.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for about 1 hour 15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave the cake to cool for ten minutes before removing from the tin.
- When the cake is fully cooled mix the icing sugar with enough apple juice to make a pretty runny icing.
- Tip it over the cake and let it run down the sides.
- I also added a few sugar lumps and a bit of glittery icing sugar.
Bloggers: Please respect the fact I am sharing my own ideas and basic recipe. Blood, sweat and many tears have gone into getting this right, so you may enjoy a perfect bundt. If you wish to re-blog a recipe from these variations, please credit my blog and link to this original post rather than pasting the recipe on your own page.