This cake is delicately flavoured and very moist due to the addition of pureed fruit. I made this in my Matilda tin (known to the rest of the world as the Heritage tin) because nothing fails to win people over like a lovely swirly cake.
|My newly reupholstered chair|
- Preheat the oven to gas 3/160 c
- Prepare a regular sized bundt tin - 2.4l, 10 cup, 10 inch with Cake Release spray and dust with flour.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla and lemon extracts.
- In a separate bowl, measure out the flour, bicarbonate of soda, salt and spices.
- Pour the yoghurt and pureed apples into a jug.
- Sift in a third of the flour mix followed by half the yoghurt. Repeat this until everything is combined.
- Give everything a quick mix on a low speed for about 10 seconds.
- Pour the mix into your prepared tin.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for about 1 hour 15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave the cake to cool for ten minutes before removing from the tin.
- Dust with icing sugar.